Sunday, April 10, 2011

Happy Birthday

The morning of Tuesday, March 29, started out similar to all the other mornings in the hospital. Around lunch time I decided to try to take a shower (which was the highlight of most of my days). I noticed afterward that I was feeling a little different so I let the nurse know and she began checking on me more regularly. I started having more and more contractions; but for some reason I didn’t put together that I was in labor and should call Adam. As the day went on, my contractions became very close together. Around 7:00p.m Adam had just gotten to the hospital from work and brought Will to say “hi” to mommy. My parents and Adam’s parents were also there to just visit. The next part went very fast and seems like a blur to me.

My doctor came in around 7:30p.m, checked me, and then said, “OK, I want to have these babies out in 30 min.” “Wait, what did he just say?” This ran through my mind and I freaked out. Adam who is the best husband calmed me down the best he could and we were ready to go. I had a C-section and at 8:03 I heard the first cry of our first little baby boy Charlie Patrick weighing in at 2lbs 11 oz. and 15 ¾” long. At 8:04 we heard our little girl Dorothy Mae weighing in at 2lb. 14 oz. and 15 ¾” long. And lastly at 8:05 we heard our last little boy Benjamin David weighing in at 2lbs. 12oz. and 15” long.

God is truly amazing! In that short period he had given us 3 healthy new babies and a team of doctors who were waiting and ready to go. All three babies were breathing on their own and they seemed to be very healthy. With more updates to come I will post about how our family is doing and post some pictures for you guys to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment